Friday, May 15, 2015

Celebrating a Small Milestone


The Journal Fodder Junkies Official Facebook Page hit 700 likes today. It’s a small milestone, but a very meaningful one. Since the end of December I have been on a mission to connect with myself and with others in more meaningful ways, and to that end, I have tried to journal more, blog more, and post more to Facebook. It has been wonderful to see new subscribers to our YouTube channel, new followers of the blog, and new Facebook likes. Focusing just on Facebook for the moment, we have gotten over 120 new likes over the last five months. It’s a very modest number, but it means that we have connected with 120 people who are looking for inspiration or who simply want to keep up with us. That’s pretty fantastic, and I wanted to celebrate it. It has been my sincerest wish to grow our audience, to connect with more people, and to share our message. I think that we have something unique to offer, and I am very appreciative of the growing connections.

So, thank you so much to those 120 for the new likes, but also thank you and the deepest of gratitude to anyone who has been following us for any amount of time online and in person. We feel truly blessed every time someone signs up for our workshops, attends a lecture, leaves a comment, sends a message, or emails us. To know that we are connecting and reaching people is what this journey has been all about. We certainly do appreciate the support.

Of course, we are always looking to connect to more people and spread our message and our inspiration even further, so please keep commenting, sharing, and connecting. You have all been an inspiration to us.


Thank you once again, and maybe soon we can celebrate 1000 likes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your work and inspiration!

I would like to journal more, and the idea of visual journaling has always been very appealing to me.

I am wondering: what do you do with your old journals? I'm planning on adopting a nomadic lifestyle for a while, and I'm not sure how the journals would fit into it. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
~Kaye

Eric said...

Kaye, Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I really appreciate it when someone takes time to leave words of thanks and to ask questions.

I am currently working in my19th and 20th volumes of 11x14 journals, so I can understand the concern of what to do with them once I've transitioned out of them. I have my "retired" journals sitting on a shelf in my studio, and they do take up a lot of space. But my studio is a converted one car garage, so I have the space for them. As for adopting a nomadic lifestyle for a while, you might want to consider size. A smaller size journal requires less space. There are some journals and sketchbooks that are only 4"x6", and they're great to work in and extremely portable. But if you're thinking of something larger, it does take me about 8 months to a year to fill one journal, so those 20 volumes have taken 16 years to fill. If you work much quicker and lugging around a bunch of journals in your nomadic adventures is still pretty daunting, perhaps there is a trusted friend or family member who will be willing to store your journals for you, and you can mail them the journal after you have filled it. And once you're less nomadic, you can retrieve the journals.

I hope there is some value in these ideas. Thanks again for your question.