Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Movement of Life


The movement of life has thrown me out of balance yet again, and I have been working to get back to center. Thanks to some unexpected snow days this winter, I have had a little extra time in the studio and with my journal. I have even begun some tentative meanderings into a new journal. I'm not certain what volume I'm on now. Unlike Dave, I haven't been diligent about numbering all of my journals, and since changing over to Strathmore Hardbound Drawing Journals which have half the number of pages as the black Classic Cachets, I go though journals a bit faster now.

The above photo is from the first page of my new journal, and I jotted down the phrase as I was working on a few pieces of art and a few journal pages yesterday in the studio. I have come to a realization that all of my art and all of my writing - my journals, all the finished and unfinished wall pieces, and even this blog are my attempts at trying to visualize and document the movement of my life. I'm trying to be more diligent about keeping more balanced, being more in touch with my art, and finding the time to touch base here. I'm trying to make a more concerted effort to visualize that movement in more tangible ways.

However, the movement of life can be unpredictable. I am just glad that there are times when things slow down, and it's easier to feel and to process that movement.

Here's to a prosperous winter season.

No comments: